opensolaris download

Edward Ned Harvey-6

I know this is a bizarre request.

I'm looking for both the (old) opensolaris 2009.06 iso, and also the (old) latest genunix opensolaris distribution ... Which I think was b154 or something like that.

Neither opensolaris.com, opensolaris.org, nor genunix.com or org exist anymore...  So of course ...  Not available for download.

Anybody know where these can still be downloaded?

(I'm trying to build on a machine which has opensolaris drivers, but not openindiana drivers.)  (That's why.)

Re: opensolaris download

Bonnie Corwin-2
Hi,

The opensolaris.org website does still exist.

But the downloads page refers people to the Oracle Technology Network
Solaris 11 Express Downloads site:
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/server-storage/solaris11/downloads/index.html

OpenSolaris 2009.06 is no longer available for download from Oracle.

The last ON build from August 2010 is still available in case that's
helpful:
http://dlc.sun.com/osol/on/downloads/current.

There were lots of mirrors in addition to genunix but I don't know if
any are still available.

Thanks.

Bonnie

On 08/24/12 07:24, opensolarisisdeadlongliveopensolaris wrote:

> I know this is a bizarre request.
>
> I'm looking for both the (old) opensolaris 2009.06 iso, and also the
> (old) latest genunix opensolaris distribution ... Which I think was b154
> or something like that.
>
> Neither opensolaris.com, opensolaris.org, nor genunix.com or org exist
> anymore...So of course ...Not available for download.
>
> Anybody know where these can still be downloaded?
>
> (I'm trying to build on a machine which has opensolaris drivers, but not
> openindiana drivers.)(That's why.)

Re: opensolaris download

Calum Benson-2

On 24 Aug 2012, at 14:33, Bonnie Corwin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> There were lots of mirrors in addition to genunix but I don't know if any are still available.

The NLUUG mirror here still seems to work:
<http://iso.linuxquestions.org/opensolaris/opensolaris-2009.06/#x86>

--Calum.