Solaris 8 on Dell Poweredge 4300 - Update 2

Solaris 8 on Dell Poweredge 4300 - Update 2

Arthur Forzon

Hello Everyone,

As per my previous email, I updated the PERC2 driver.

After the update I am able to go into the RAID configuration utility and create either a raid0, raid5 or volume arrays.

Which is all fine and dandy.

However for some reason when I proceed with the Solaris 8 for x86 installation, the install still says that there are no disks.

I have tried all the firmware on Dell’s website, updated the OS BIOS.

Would anyone recall anything else that they might have encountered?

I know it’s a long shot, it was a long time ago, but if someone has a memory or two of how they got Solaris 8 to work on a Dell Power edge 4300 or similar hardware it would be really appreciated.

Thank you,

Arthur

Re: Solaris 8 on Dell Poweredge 4300 - Update 2

Peter Tribble
Hi,

> As per my previous email, I updated the PERC2 driver.
>
> After the update I am able to go into the RAID configuration utility and
> create either a raid0, raid5 or volume arrays.
>
> Which is all fine and dandy.
>
> However for some reason when I proceed with the Solaris 8 for x86
> installation, the install still says that there are no disks.
>
> I have tried all the firmware on Dell’s website, updated the OS BIOS.
>
> Would anyone recall anything else that they might have encountered?
>
> I know it’s a long shot, it was a long time ago, but if someone has a memory
> or two of how they got Solaris 8 to work on a Dell Power edge 4300 or
> similar hardware it would be really appreciated.

As I said before, get the Solaris Driver, create the DU diskette, and load
it when prompted to add a driver. That's pretty much it.

--
-Peter Tribble
http://www.petertribble.co.uk/ - http://ptribble.blogspot.com/