Solaris 10: from UFS to ZFS in Jumpstart profile (two slices/zpool using the same device)

Solaris 10: from UFS to ZFS in Jumpstart profile (two slices/zpool using the same device)

Jordi Espasa Clofent
Hi all,

I've the next Jumpstart profile for my old Solaris 10 Update 7 boxes:

install_type initial_install
system_type standalone
partitioning explicit
filesys rootdisk.s0 8192  /
filesys rootdisk.s1 4096  swap
filesys rootdisk.s3 4096  /home
filesys rootdisk.s4 4096  /var
filesys rootdisk.s7 free  unnamed
[...]

NOTE: A zpool named 'zones' will be created using the slide 7 of the
same disk. For legacy, business and backward compatibility reasons, I
cannot modify this script.

What I want to achieve is use another zpool (let's call it rpool) for
all the / FS (so migrate from UFS to ZFS in root). So, I'm trying, for
example this one:

install_type initial_install
system_type standalone
partitioning explicit
fdisk c1t0d0s0 otheros 24000
fdisk c1t0d0s7 otheros maxfree
root_device c1t0d0s0
pool rpool 20G 4G 4G c1t0d0s0
bootenv installbe bename s10_u10

The key here is clear:

- I need to create just two slices (0 and 7). 0 will be used to create
'rpool' zpool and 7 will be used to create 'zones' zpool. The both zpool
will be in the same physical device, but using different slices. The
slice 0 should have just 20GB, and the 7 slice the rest of the disk.

However I'm failing miserably in all my attempts. Is it possible? How?

Thanks in advance.

--
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.

SOLVED: Re: Solaris 10: from UFS to ZFS in Jumpstart profile (two slices/zpool using the same device)

Jordi Espasa Clofent
SOLVED:

install_type initial_install
system_type standalone