NFS Can not remove a property

Andrew Watkins-2-3

I know this is a Solaris 11 point, but I thought it would be still good
to post strange behavior with Solaris 11. At least if anyone else
notices it and to decide if it is a bug?

# zfs set share=name=andrew,path=/dpool/andrew,
        prot=nfs,sec=sys,rw=*,public=true,log=global dpool/andrew
name=andrew,path=/dpool/andrew,prot=nfs,sec=sys,rw=*,public=true,log=global

# zfs set share=name=andrew,path=/dpool/andrew,prot=nfs,rw dpool/andrew
name=andrew,path=/dpool/andrew,prot=nfs,sec=sys,rw=*,public=true,log=global

It does not remove the none specified items, so how do I remove/reset a
setting?

zfs get share
NAME              PROPERTY  VALUE  SOURCE
dpool/andrew      share
name=andrew,path=/dpool/andrew,prot=nfs,public=true,log=global,sec=sys,rw=*
  local

In the end I did a remove share and recreated it!

Any thoughts on how to remove a property of a share?

Cheers,

Andrew

--
Andrew Watkins * Birkbeck College
http://notallmicrosoft.blogspot.com/

Re: NFS Can not remove a property

Cindy Swearingen
Hi Andrew,

You can use the zfs set share to respecify property=value values or
you can use the zfs -c set to remove the property values so you would
need to specify rw=<value> public=false, and so on.

When using zfs -c set share, I found that peeling off one property=value
at a time worked best.

Recreating the share might be easier and rw is the default so you
don't have to specify it.

See zfs -c set share syntax below.

We're working on share improvements that will make these operations
easier.

Thanks,

Cindy

# zfs create tank/cindy
# zfs set
share=name=cindy,path=/tank/cindy,prot=nfs,rw=*,public=true,log=global
tank/cindy
# zfs set sharenfs=on cindy

# zfs set -c share=name=cindy,prot=nfs,log=global tank/cindy
name=cindy,path=/tank/cindy,prot=nfs,public=true,sec=sys,rw=*

# zfs set -c share=name=cindy,prot=nfs,sec=sys,rw=* tank/cindy
name=cindy,path=/tank/cindy,prot=nfs,public=true,sec=sys

# zfs set -c share=name=cindy,prot=nfs,public=true tank/cindy
name=cindy,path=/tank/cindy,prot=nfs,sec=sys

# zfs get share
NAME                                      PROPERTY  VALUE  SOURCE
tank/cindy                                share
name=cindy,path=/tank/cindy,prot=nfs,sec=sys  local

On 12/13/11 09:47, Andrew Watkins wrote:

> I know this is a Solaris 11 point, but I thought it would be still good
> to post strange behavior with Solaris 11. At least if anyone else
> notices it and to decide if it is a bug?
>

> # zfs set share=name=andrew,path=/dpool/andrew,
> prot=nfs,sec=sys,rw=*,public=true,log=global dpool/andrew
> name=andrew,path=/dpool/andrew,prot=nfs,sec=sys,rw=*,public=true,log=global
>

> # zfs set share=name=andrew,path=/dpool/andrew,prot=nfs,rw dpool/andrew
> name=andrew,path=/dpool/andrew,prot=nfs,sec=sys,rw=*,public=true,log=global
>
> It does not remove the none specified items, so how do I remove/reset a
> setting?
>
> zfs get share
> NAME PROPERTY VALUE SOURCE
> dpool/andrew share
> name=andrew,path=/dpool/andrew,prot=nfs,public=true,log=global,sec=sys,rw=*
> local
>
> In the end I did a remove share and recreated it!
>
> Any thoughts on how to remove a property of a share?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Andrew

Re: NFS Can not remove a property

Andrew Watkins-2-3

Cindy,

Thanks for that information and I am sure others will find it useful as
well.

Cheers,

Andrew